Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: simulator
My Carrier: simulator

programmatically backup Password Keeper database in SDCard

Is it possible to programmatically backup Password keeper database from phone memory to SD card ??

Also is it possible to backup all the E-Mails to SDCard programmatically??

I do not want to make use of desktop manager..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if post was what you needed. Give kudos if you feel response is helpful.

Developer

Re: programmatically backup Password Keeper database in SDCard

Can someone please help ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if post was what you needed. Give kudos if you feel response is helpful.

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

We don't have any APIs to do such a thing, but I believe BlackBerry Protect can (just not to the SDCard, it does it to the "cloud")
---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer

Thank you for the reply.. Blackberry protect is a good alternative..

But can we not access it programmatically????

Developer

[ Edited ]

From the following link I have found out the Blackberry Protect database name.. But how can I access it ?? Or how to know the exact location of the database to access it ??

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB03974&sliceId=1&cm...

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Should have mentioned that I don't think it can be accessed programmatically.

Also, as I stated before, BlackBerry Protect stores everything in the "cloud" so it can be restored when you get another device. So I don't think any data is backed up on device. What you found is a listing of different Persistent Store databases. These are probably encrypted to prevent people from simply searching through all the UIDs (as if that alone won't take forever).

What are you trying to get at with this? On device backups?
Three simple rules:
Developer

As the requirement is not for a single user but around 10,000 users or so of my client and as the data is very sensitive I doubt if storing in cloud maintained by RIM will make the client happy because of data privacy and security..

Thats why I wonder if there is a possibillity to achieve it programmatically in SD card.. But from your reply and my search i find it not possible..

Developer

Unfortunately, yes, it is not possible.
Three simple rules: