Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"About Settings for RTSP"

Hi guys, ,

Am working in Blackberry.For my application i have one RTSP link.When i try to open to my BB device . "Content Not Available."  "Server is Blocked"...  need to change any setttings? I search my best , but i dont get answer....Let me

know if anybody have idea  in RTSP.......  thoughts for reply was appreciated.......

Expect uuuuuu...
Developer

Re: "About Settings for RTSP"

Hi,

Have you set your own RTSP server and accessing the link? or Is that a link provided by others.

Have you tried with any other URL's?

Post URL which you trying to access.

Tnq.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
New Developer

Hi buddy,

Thanks for your reply...   rtsp://gdsfort.com/mDirectApp/Engadget/Videos/20/t/1.3gp,
                                  rtsp://gdsfort.com/mDirectApp/Engadget/Videos/20/IW/1.3gp 

Am developing BB application.... using playmedia() method am access the this media link..... am also try to open my browser. But unfourtunatley  am getting this bug.....  yeti cant play any RTSP link....can u send me any RTSP link with smal size...............

can u guide me what is the reason for that bug..................

And one more doubt, can i possible to play rstp links at my BB browser.... if u can , what are the settings i need to chage.........

Expect uuuuuuuuuu

Developer

I think those links doesn't exists.. i tried using my VLC player on PC too.. it didn't work. Why dn't u get sm URL from youtube and try on your Device.

On which device you trying?

Tnx.

New Developer

: "About Settings for RTSP"

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for your reply onemore time. How it possible to play vlc player ... am sent RSTP link... if u want to download than, just use http link  , replace rstp as http (http://gdsfort.com/mDirectApp/Engadget/Videos/20/IW/1.3gp ).... ya now download and  u can see this video file....

* Am using BB curve.....

My Doubts,

1) Is it possible to open rtsp link at brower (PC or BB mobile)......If it is possible means what are the settings i should     modify......

2) AM heard if u need to open rtsp link at BB device ,i should have  (EVDO-Evalution Data Only) format.... i dont have idew about this ...

3) what is the reason for "Server blocked"  bug when i open RTSP link at BB device..............

. let me know u have idea.

Expext uuuuuuu

Developer

Re: : "About Settings for RTSP"

1. Yes, you can directly give the link RTSP server link and the BB device will be able to play using its default Player.

2. I am not sure.

3. One reson is that may not be RTSP server or may be configured to aprticular users.

Tnx.

New Developer

Hi buddy,

Thanks for ur reply

1) Is it possible to open PC browser ....

2) Is it possible to open BB simulators........   :-)

If it possible means can u give some links.....

Developer

I use BB9000 simulator and JDE 4.6 to run RTSP link on BBBrowser. PC i dn't think so.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

Am using JDE 4.7 an same BB9000 simulator . When in Open this  link

"rtsp://stream.the.sk/live/joj/joj-hm.3gp"

I have the bug name called "The protocol Specified is not suppoted by handheld . Please try Different URL". what wrong happening here... I need to chage any settings?..... can send some rstp links at opened your simulator....... here am not using any coding .... jusdt open the simulator ,run MDS and Enter that link...

Smiley Happy
Message Edited by bb7ganesh on 12-23-2008 06:31 AM
Message Edited by bb7ganesh on 12-24-2008 05:16 AM
Developer

Links to test RTSP

http://www.club-siemens.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=55439

I tried "rtsp://stream.the.sk/live/joj/joj-hm.3gp" worked fine for me on JDE 4.6 9000 Simulator.

Tnx.