Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Pearl 8120

"Compatibility mode" issue on Storm

I have tried for several hours to disable compatibility mode on the Storm. Application was built with 4.3.0, and testing on Storm 9500 simulator.  I do not have a real Storm to test on.

The very first try with any settings was to set:

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode-UserChangeable: true
RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode: true

I built and started the simulator, but then killed it realizing I wanted RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode: false set instead.  Unfortunately, I think either 1.) the simulator is 'sticky' and held onto these settings, or 2.) something else is going wrong.

After that, I have tried:

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode: false

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode-UserChangeable: false

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode-UserChangeable: 1

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode: 0

I have tried deleting and recreating the project in Eclipse.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting the directory, and reinstalling the Storm simulator.

In every case, the Storm simulator continues to show the application in Compatibility Mode, and in every case the menu option to 'Disable compatibility mode' is available in Options > Advanced Options > Applications

Also, strangely, I notice that the .jad file is reordered on every compile, so that RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode-UserChangeable is at the top of the file.  I don't think (hope) this is the culprit, but thought it worth mentioning.

If I manually disable Compatibility Mode, it works nicely.  But instructing all current users to manually disable this will be.. challenging..

Does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Pearl 8120

Re: "Compatibility mode" issue on Storm

I also tried changing the Output file name and loading that into the simulator, with the following lines in its .jad file:

and I see the same result: compatibility mode is active for the new application.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "Compatibility mode" issue on Storm

Please refer to the following.

Known Issue - Compatibility mode flags are ignored when an application is updated or reinstalled
Article Number: DB-00749

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800719/Known_I...

You can reset the BlackBerry smartphone simulator back to its default state by running the clean.bat file located in the simulator directory.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker