07-25-2012 03:43 AM
We have created a standalone BlackBerry app using BlackBerry JDE 6.0 and signed successfully. It works well on all BB devices of OS 5.0 & above except on 9700 device giving error like, "Module attempts to access a secure API"!!
1. Device involved & software version
- AT&T BlackBerry device : 9700 (OS Version: v184.108.40.206 (Platform 220.127.116.11))
2. We are mainly using following APIs:
- Browser : net.rim.blackberry.api.browser.Browser
- Database : net.rim.device.api.database
- Media : javax.microedition.media.Manager
- Music Files : javax.microedition.io.Connector
3. App link:
- URL : http://rdtools.mcore.com/att/Forside/epub_reader.j
4. Reproducing steps:
- Using our 9700 handset, we navigated through MEdiaNet and downloaded the application from above URL. When we attempt to launch the App after downloading, we receive error like, "Module attempts to access a secure API".
5. Other information:
- It is a cod file. We use Eclipse plug-in to sign the application and got the "signed successfully" message at the end.
Can any one help to resolve the error?
07-25-2012 04:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Not tested, but my immediate reaction is that this is in fact just a bug in that, very old, level of OS, which is probably related to the size of the application you are trying to download.
Who gave you this 9700?
07-25-2012 04:33 AM
07-25-2012 05:37 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply, Kamal.
Here you have few more facts:
1) AT&T is the service provider.
2) The app was certified by Enterprise Solution Certification division of AT&T. And AT&T content team is working on listing of this App in their catalog.
3) The app is running without any problem on various BB OS 5.0 devices like 9800, 9300, 8520 etc.
So, any other possiblities.
07-25-2012 08:24 AM
I can't download this onto a test 9700. I get a 404. I have checked the typing and also tried it on two devices. I don't know what the problem is. Can you check that it works OK from a real BB device?
07-26-2012 05:24 AM
Just tried again, fails with a 404 on an 8520. There is something wierd going on here becuase I can see the jad when I browse to the same location. But I have double checked and triple checked my typing...
Anyway, just had another thought. You can look for a 9700 SImulator that matches the release level you are using, and test to see if the download fails on that as well. Then try it on another 9700 Simulator with a later version. Let us know how you get on.
Can some else test on a device?