Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8350i Curve

"all HTTP connections" details

I'm running a modified version of the ECL sample app, but when a user downloads it and installs it, his BB ask the usual "Do you wish to allow this connection" and "don't ask this again for - all HTTP connections".  Is there any detailed documentation on what this opens up?  I'm pushing data from the server to the app so I don't want the message to come up every time data is distributed, but I also don't want to open the phone to any security risk.  I suspect that if they need to check the "all HTTP connections" that sooner or later one of the users will miss that step and need to do it manually so how is this function accessed manually?
Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: "all HTTP connections" details

You can change an application's permissions manually by going to Options->Advanced Options->Applications and find your application.  Select Application Permissions on the menu and you can edit which actions are allowed.  You can also launch this screen programatically using net.rim.device.api.applicationcontrol.ApplicationPermissionsManager.
Kurt Zettel | Chief Architect | Metova
www.metova.com
Developer
My Device: 8350i Curve

Re: "all HTTP connections" details

Great, that's good to know since I'm sure a user will need it changed at some point.  Let me know if you're aware of any other documentation regarding this setting.  But thanks again for the quick reply.