Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"check in" / "appointments used " type of tracking program available?

I do fitness for a living and I monitor my clients as they prepay for packages of 10. Well,up untill now I have been using paper forms but i no longer want to carry paper when i can carry everthing else on my BB.

What I would like to see is a simple program that would allow me to "check in" each client as they arrived to their appointment. As I check thm n so to speak a session is pulled off their 10 or 5 or whatever they purchased before hand. (I have around 20 clients now) After all sessions used I get a big popup saying last session and if possible would like the option to automate a outgoing email saying no more sessions. I would imagine that there are several uses for this style of countdown program like for massage therapy people, or perhaps a well... I can't think of anymore session based jobs off hand but you get the idea. depending on how versatile the system is maybe it can count up/or negatives to log overages or somehting else. It would be even cooler to integrate scanner/barcode reader too so you can capture data from keycard card or membership card.

If anyone has any idea on what I can do in the interim (at least log how many times  i have worked w someone with out counting back though my calander) please feel free to shoot me any ideas

*hopfully this is in the correct place. if not, mods please redirect

Developer

Re: "check in" / "appointments used " type of tracking program available?

Everything you have talked about is easily do-able.  Are you asking if it has been done, or if someone will do it for you, or do you want to create this yourself?

Also have you looked in App World for something that already exists?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

New Developer

Re: "check in" / "appointments used " type of tracking program available?

well .. let me provide a little incite on myself.. i would love to just find pay the developers fee and it work perfectly because i work +50hrs...

BUT i have yet to find any program that doesn just that sooo...i would be happy to make it but i have zero knowledge about programming. i do have a

bit of html code experience, i do know my way around plasmic for themes,  and about 4 weeks worth of C++. so if i have the tools available,and its easier than i think such a task would be im all for making it.

as for the searching on app world question yes, i have been a berry user for over 2 years now and have been actively casting nets outward in

search of such a program on app world as well as various forums that deal with bbs.  

thanks for your time