Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

reading theme files

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

Is there any way to read cod://net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t/activecallscreen_l.pme as a file ? 

I need to access that theme's data (not the activecallscreen itself) 

Is there a way to access it through file system ?

Edit: I just noticed I used completely wrong title. It could trick the reader into thinking this thread is about cod files as in output .cod files.

It is not. I mistakenly used that title. Sorry.

Message Edited by myraddin on 06-02-2009 08:12 AM

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: reading theme files

You can open pme and pmb files in Plazmic Composer, which is included with the Plazmic CDK.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

Re: reading theme files

Thank you for the reply, but I was rather thinking of an Application access to those files.

I saw once in a debugger a reference to the mentioned 'cod://...' theme data path.

So I wondered, if maybe an application can access that data.

I am looking forward to reusing theme data for my apps since I always try to make them look as native as posible.

(for instance if I want to present the User with conversation cost list, wouldn't it be great if I could reuse current theme's call icons (missed call, recieved call,. etc.)?

And since Plazmic already gives such power to the User to create/use his favorite theme, why not give some amount of control to the Developers?

The Users and Developers (as you might already know) make a hell of a team Smiley Wink

In this case we just need a little push from RIM

If we get access to the theme data (packed or not) I am sure we will make better native-looking apps. A three way gain for RIM, Users and Developers.

KR

Myraddin

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"