Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

registration screen radiobuttonfield problem

Hi! I'm new to Java and Blackberry and i'm stuck with a registration screen, due to the fallowing: I have a registration screen, where i show 2 radiobuttons, male and female. Only these 'labels' are not for me to write, it's a value and a tag that i request to a webservice. What i needed was something like: MyRadioButton rb1=(String label, String value, Group rbg); and it's Super(label, value, group); ---this value more of an internal label ID, so to speak, a pk_id.--- so i could, after, retrieve which Rbutton was selected and it's value, so i could send it back when i click the Register Button. I have an example of how to do it, but not for blackberry: Gender[] gender = WebServCall.GetUserGender(); if (gender != null && gender.length == 2) { holder.radiob1.setText(gender[0].genderType); holder.radiob1.setTag(gender[0].PK_ID); holder.radiob2.setText(gender[1].genderType); holder.radiob2.setTag(gender[1].PK_ID); } else { //alert } } static class ViewHolder { RadioButton radiob1; RadioButton radiob2; } (...) //Get the inserted information, by the user ... RadioButton register_buffer_Gender1 = (RadioButton) findViewById(R.id.radiob1); RadioButton register_buffer_Gender2 = (RadioButton) findViewById(R.id.radiob2); ... boolean check1 = register_buffer_Gender1.isChecked(); boolean check2 = register_buffer_Gender2.isChecked(); .... Could you give and example of how to do this, but for blackberry?