Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

reset calendar cical and cmime to default settings

I have a problem that Facebook changes the default calendar cical settings to facebook account rather than my email address. I have my custom calendar application which syncs the native calendar events with my calendar. But after installing Facebook I am unable to sync the native calendar events to my custom calendar.

I got the static solution:

Select the settings icon | Options | Advanced Options | default services | Calendar CICAL change Facebook to your email address.  Close and reboot.

The problem with that solution is that we have to ask our consumers to reset this setting on each device.

Is there  any way that we can reset this default setting programatically.

Thanks in Advance

Highlighted
Developer

Re: reset calendar cical and cmime to default settings

Do you use the JSR75 PIM API to access the calendar (ie. javax.microedition.pim and net.rim.blackberry.api.pdap)?  If so, instead of opening the default EventList via PIM.openPIMList(PIM.EVENT_LIST, PIM.READ_WRITE) you could instead open the specific EventList that you need by its name using PIM.openPIMList(PIM.EVENT_LIST, PIM.READ_WRITE, "<EventList Name>").  You can list the names of available EventLists using PIM.listPIMLists(PIM.EVENT_LIST).
New Developer

Re: reset calendar cical and cmime to default settings

Thanks buddy, that works for me.