Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

screen orientation @ runtime

Hi all,

Is it possible to set two different orientations (Landscape and Potrait ) for two different screens that comes with the same app.

In detailed, the orientation of the app is set to POTRAIRT mode. App have an option to play Video, and client wants the video to be in LANDSCAPE mode only.

I am unable to manage the  app in the potraint and only the video in Landscape mode.

When the app is intially started, it always open in POTRAIT mode(by force).

When its time to play video in a different screen( created a custom video player with a different screen), even though video started playing the app remains in POTRAIT ubtiill and unless BB is tilted by the user, once it is tilted then the video will play in LANDSCAPE and gets lock there. 

The app remains in LANDSCAPE even when the user quits the video and not comes back to POTRAIT.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: screen orientation @ runtime

any updates friends..

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: screen orientation @ runtime

I have a similar issue: my app does not switch to landscape mode unless the phone is tilted - using Ui.getUiEngineInstance().setAcceptableDirections() . I have seen that forcing a certain screen orientation is possible ( http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/832?lang=en&curr=THB ). If started in portrait mode, the game sets its orientation to landscape, and does that by somehow simulating an accelerometer event (the console output is identical with what I get when rotating the phone: a rotationStart followed by a rotationEnd).

I would really appreciate any kind of help.