Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: server/client communication

Hi peter,

you were correct last time. I only want to open a server socket on BB device means i want make my BB device as server.

Highlighted
New Developer

No need to apologize.  Your thoughts on the matter are completely relevant.  The poster may find that opening up sockets on the server is the solution, and later realize that for his implementation, opening up a socket on the phone itself is the solution.  Either way, he will need to implement a handshake and communications protocol to detect whether or not the server and client are supposed to be talking to each other.

The fact that you take the time to write answers is the important part.

Cheers!

Richard

New Developer

Hi,

I am new to Black berry development. I read all about NATTraversal problem. I agree that IP address is not static if you are in wifi.

But my experiment is to create a server on the balck berry device. A listener thread that can access a port and listen for a TCP/IP client connection. Can i do that in the blackberry device, like i can do in Android. Is the API from the Blackberry SDK open.

If it is not you know when will that be avialable. How can i go arround the problem technically. Is there any resource at Blackberry i can talk to about that.

Its very important for me to demostarte that. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank You,

suresh