Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: sdvsdvsd

set text according to selected date from databse

i have date field added to top of screen and 
i have Database having two colums , one colum of Date with format like(01/04/2004) and second colum thoughts and in thoughts i have lots of rows containig string.
now what i want is when i select the date from date field that date match with my date stored in my Database and display the value of my second coloum(thoughts). 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: set text according to selected date from database

Sounds interesting.  And your question is? 

When you do add your question, can I recommend that it be one specific issue, not 'how do I write this?'.  As I recommended in a previous problem you reported, you need to break your requirement down into a number of small steps, work through the steps and identify any step that you are having problems with.  In this case you could be having problems with adding Fields to a Screen, using the Date Picker, adding your SQL database to your application, extracting values from your SQL database, adding results to the screen and so on.  These are all small parts of the big puzzle that is your application.  We can help with small parts.  We are not here to write the application for you. 

The other thing is you look, you will find that while no-one will have asked a question about creating an application like you are planning, someone will have asked a question about most of the small parts.  So you will find questions about using SQL and using the Date Picker for example.  And there are likely to be samples too.  So by investigating each small step you will most likely find a resolution for that step yourself. 

Good luck.