Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

signed, but stll "this app does not contain a signature"

Hello,

I obtained the signing keys from RIM and signed my application. I do have 3 installed JDE on the pc (4.1, 4.3 and 4.6) on the dev pc, but  when I ran the csi files, everything went smoothly and when I double click on the signed cod files, i see in the signed tool  that the cod files are signed with all 3 keys.

However, when I download the app (OTA) on a  8100 device simulator(4.2.0.71) I got a message "This application does not contain a signature...". Other simulators (4.1, 4.6) does not show this message. Is it something connected just to this particular emulator, or it is something else?

Also, is there an easy way to check which signing tool (which JDE) is related to the csi files right now? As I said, I am using 3 BB JDE.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

Re: signed, but stll "this app does not contain a signature"

Please see the following knowledge base article regarding signing with the RBB key and the trusted prompt:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800646/Support...

To figure out which JDE is registered with your the signature keys, note that the JDE signature keys can only be registered and used from a single machine. The keys are generally installed/registered to the last installed version of JDE. Therefore in order to use the JDE keys with multiple versions, you must manually copy the keys from the 'BlackBerry JDE 4.x.x\bin'  folder of your registered JDE. Look for the bin directory that has all 3 sigtool.db, sigtool.set and sigtool.csk files.

Sarim
BlackBerry Development Advisor
www.BlackBerryDeveloper.com
Developer

Thank you, Sarim, that explains the warning message and the situtation. In general, what should be your advise - to use the latest signing tool from the last JDE to sign all previous apps (like 4.6 for all apps) ; or to use the tool from the corresponding JDE for corresponding app (4.1 for 4.1, 4.3 for 4.3, ...), or it really does not matter, because the signing logic is the same and you can use any signing tool (like 4.1 for all apps?

- Tony

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Using a newer version of the SignatureTool won't change the behaviour if the signing process or the way an application performs.  The signing process itself is the same.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Highlighted
Developer

Thank you.