Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

signing and permission

I signed an application. I give all permission to it. when I test it in my device, there is no problem. there is no question when I connect to internet or read local file. 

But, I tested it in my friend's blackberry, device gives a question to connect internete in first time. 

what can be difference with my and friend's device ? and, is there any way to connect internet or read local file without permission question in all device ? 

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: signing and permission

If they set it as a trusted application when they install it there shouldn't be a problem, as far as I know. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
New Developer

but, I signed application. it must be trusted already. Also, problem occured in some device, not all. 

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

May be the BES is responsible for asking the question on your friends device. I am not sure though

New Developer

yes, it may be. my device does not connect to BES. but, my friend's device is running with BES.

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

It might be a restriction imposed by the BES policies.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

I don't mean trusted by RIM. The user needs to grant your application "Trusted Application Status", which is a simple permissions dialog on install. If you accidently click "no", then go into the settings and change it manually. This is local to each machine, not global across all machines, and every application you install needs to have trust status set manually. (To my knowledge)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX