Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

single code build for different versions of devices.?

Hi All,

I am developing an application for wifi which uses the OSv5.0 packages (net.rim.device.api.wlan.hotspot). where blackberry is forward compatability it only run on devices OSv5.0 or later.

But my client want it should also work on below OSv5.0 with same code build. So is it possible to maintain a single code build by putting if else condition by checking device OS versions OR i have to go with two buids for above 5.0 and below 5.0.

As i have seen if i compile the code in OSv5.0 and install on lower devices it get installed but when i start the application it throws an exception net_rim_device_api_wlan_hotspot of not found. So how do i can maintain same code for different versions.

Thanks

Developer

Re: single code build for different versions of devices.?

This question gets asked frequently. I suggest you search the forum for similar entries that talk about single code base or one build and the like.

But one question.  How are you going to run this code on devices with OS before 5.0, when the HotSpot API is not available?

Developer

Thanks peter_strange for ur quick reply..

---

But one question.  How are you going to run this code on devices with OS before 5.0, when the HotSpot API is not available?

---

if(OS < 5.0) --> do manual wifi setup

else if(OS >= 5.0) --> go for HotSpot API

i am thinking like this, but dont knw it works or not.

if any one already knw about how to go for it, or possible or not - please share.

Thanks

Developer

Please search for other Threads like this one.  There is no point repeating this information in this Thread.