Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: storm2 keyChar not capturing alphabets

hey BB experts.

Do you have any updates on this issue. Its really a pain as you cant have your customer forced update their device.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi Mohit,

I am facing a similar  issue to the one you faced with storm2 where user is not able to enter in text box using virtual keyboar.

I am not able to enable text input to a storm2 device. I tried to find a simulator for storm2  where i could debug the issue at run time but did not get an emulator for storm2 devices.

Please suggest me how you managed to get input to a basic edit field in storm2 and is there a simulator for storm2 that i can integrate with eclipse.

thanks in advance

Amit

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I just updated the device and it worked. Just check whether u r having the same problem as i was i was having problem with characters only.

You can get updated simulators at following link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.