Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

transfer code signing key

I installed a code signing key on my VM, but now I want to use that same key on my host OS.  How can I transfer the key?

~S

Contributor
My Device: lets say: I don't own CDMA Variants
My Carrier: T-Mobile Austria

Re: transfer code signing key

FInd in your virtual machine the folder

C:\Program Files\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde

copy it to your host os

On your host OS : Eclipse - Blackberry - Sign - Import existing key ... select the folder net.rim.ejde

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

actually you can move your signing keys from one place to another just by copying your the appropriate files (sigtool.csk,sigtool.db,sigtool.set)
Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
Developer

Well transferring those files would have done the trick but through an  situation to convoluted to explain, they are gone. Do I have to pay RIM another $20 for more keys now, or is there a way to get them to reset their servers so I can install them on my new eclipse install? I emailed devsupport@rim.com, but haven't heard anything back.

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

correct. You can ask devsupport@rim.com for replacement key set be sent out to you.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
New Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900

Hello everyone,

A basic question maybe but I am new to all of this so please bear with me. My question is purchasing keys of 20$ means you'll get all types of keys ?

I mean do you get all these types : RBB, RCR, RRT ? I am asking this because I filled out the form and purchased keys and after three days I got an email in which I received RCR file and I succesfully registered it in my JDE but according to email I should get two more emails for RRT and RBB but I haven't got those. What should I do now ? because my application still needs signing from RRT.

This might be a very basic question so I refrained from creating a new thread just for this question.

Regards.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Yes you get all 3. I think the other two showed up a day later for me.

~S

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900

Thanks shea08 for clearing that. Glad to know that I'll get all three types of keys.

Regards.