Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8830, 8100
Accepted Solution

turn incoming call to a conference

Hi!

I want to turn the incoming call to a conference (don't ask me why ... Smiley Happy ).How am I doing this:

1. When I answer the incoming call, I put a call to the 2-nd number, (which I assume will put the first call on hold)...Instead ofhaving a conference, the incoming call is dropped good. The call is done in the same thread as callConnected(int) method.

2. Same as above except the call is done in a separate thread with or without a delay before the call...

None of these two scenarios are working... I have tried to hold the call and make the call on callHeld()... Neither this helped...

Any idea?

Br,

gunar

Developer

Re: turn incoming call to a conference

Just to complicate stuff, seems that the incoming call works only in those cases where you are in the call logs screen. I tried this with messaging screen and compose screen, when those were on the incoming call was dropped once call to 2-nd number was made (just like in idle).
Developer

Bad coding ... It works with no problems ...
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi gunar
I am a newbiew to BB and and I am also trying to convert an incoming call into conference call.
As discussed in this post, I am following the steps:
Step 1 - Detect an incoming call.
Step 2 - Accept the Call.
Step 3 - Call a new number in a seperate thread to start a conference call.
Do these steps require any addition or modification?
Till now I am only able to detect the incoming call. Facing problems while accepting the call (tried Menu approach and Key stroke injection approach - Not getting the Incoming call screen).
Your tips/advice in this regard will be quite helpful. Thanks in Advance.
Best Regards
mansriv 
Developer

Hi!

Another way of doing it is to accept the call and in the moment callConnected gets called you could hold the call by using menu items. Once callHeld is called you make the extra call and when that callConnected gets in, you join the calls... A very ugly hack to do just as in manually.

Good luck!

gunar

New Developer

Hi gunar

Thanks for your response. From different posts I realised that there are no direct APIs to do this. So I opted for this option.

However I am stuck at a point and I am not able to get the Incoming Screen menu items (Answer /Ignore) (I am using InvokeLater approach). Rather I am getting menu options like: Help, EndCall, Mute, Notes, Return to Phone ... (a lot of them but not Accept Call).

I am unable to understand the reason for this. I even tried to check the menu options after a gap of 600 milliseconds (to let the incoming screen be drawn) but I got the same menu options. Am I missing something? Please suggest.

With timer approach I got the menu options of my application (hello world menu options) but not the Incoming screen menu items.

Please advice on this.

Thanks in Advance.

-mansriv

(mansriv@gmail.com)

Highlighted
Developer

If you need to get Accept Call, you could check the menu items outside invokeLater ... Nevertheless, I guess this depends on phone model. If you want to answer automatically to that call, you could inject a green key event ...

Again, these actions should not be done as they are very hard to manage and to maintain across phone models and OS versions ... RIM probably doesn't want to get in trouble with operators and they didn't post any API for active call management ...

Good luck and try to avoid these actions!

Best regards!

gunar

New Developer

Hi gunar

Thanks for your response. Injecting send key event worked fine on the device. Smiley Happy

Not sure why key injection is not working on simulator.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Best Regards

mansriv

New Developer

Hi gunar

I got some success and I am able to turn the incoming call into 3 party conference.

Sometimes the conference call is properly established but at times the first call goes on to hold.

I am thinking about the possible cause for this problem.

The next thing I want to do is:

After joining incoming and outgoing call and having 3 party conference established I want to leave this conference call.

I checked for the available menu options but I am not getting "Transfer" menu option at this time.

(From Blackberry help - "Transfer" menu option is used to leave a conference call).

Is there some way that I get this menu option or alternatively is there any way to leave the conference.

Any inputs on above two points will be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Manish Srivastava

New Developer

Hi mansriv,

How do you make the conference call? did you try the event injection aproach? menu options aproach? something else?

I'm trying to make a conference call via event injection: Inject "3" Key, and then, the "Send" Key. But for some reason the conference never gets connected. It seems that the "3" Key event is not generated. Is it possible to inject number keys? Maybe i'm missing something.

Many thanks