Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

what is the component used for select contact in the field "To:" when create new sms on BB OS 4.6?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know what component is used for select contact in the field  "To:" when create new sms on BB OS 4.6? Is it KeywordFilterField? If yes - than how to customize it to make it looks like in sms app? Can you provide some code example? I'm new in  development for BB and I need such feature in my app.  Smiley Sad  I will be very appreciate for any help!

Developer
My Device: 9900

Re: what is the component used for select contact in the field "To:" when create new sms on BB OS 4.6?

Look at BlackBerryContactList.choose() function.

Welcome to the BlackBerry forums

New Contributor

Re: what is the component used for select contact in the field "To:" when create new sms on BB OS 4.6?

[ Edited ]

Thank you for answer! I tried to use BlackBerryContactList.choose() function, but it took me to an Address book screen and it's a little not that i need . )  I need to create such field as on image:

2931i5D03A17977760DCE

Developer

That is an AutoCompleteField available only in 5.0 OS and later.

New Contributor

Yes. And that's a problem, because I need to do such feature for Blackberry os from version 4 (on image was shown sms app on BB simulator  with OS 4.6)

Developer

You would have to implement your own auto complete field in that case.

New Contributor

I was hoping that exist a component for this, but I see that have to do as you said. I'm going to learn Java ))) Thank you for your time and help!

Developer

No Problem welcome to the forums.

Please mark this thread solved when you get a chance.