Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Claro

when trackball click, context menu is shown

Hello,

I have this issue. I have a custom objectChoiceField and it is disabled when the screen shows. When i go with the trackball and click over the choiceField my custom menu shows. I have read and i know that i have to override navigationClick, but when I override it, the menu doesnt show up, but i cannot do anything else. I was looking for how implement navigationClick, but i havent found anything helpful. Perhaps, I'm wrong, but i don't know what else to do. I hope you can help me.

Regards.

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: when trackball click, context menu is shown

Override navigationUnclick to do nothing and leave navigationClick alone.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Contributor

I did also that, but when i press the choicefield nothing happens too. I mean the list doesnt show up, so i cant select any value. I override it like this

protected boolean navigationUnclick(int status, int time) {
       return true;
}

Its that correct? And when you say navigationClick leave alone, you mean not overried it?

Regards.

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Oops - apparently, ObjectChoiceField has its own unclick override. Remove it then.

It is strange... Are you sure you are not holding trackball depressed for too long before releasing? I know that usually invokes a pop-up menu.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your answer and no. I only press the trackball "normal"and menu shows!  I dont know what to do! Do you have another solution? or somebody here?? I have tried everything and i cant find a solution!

Regards.

Contributor

Please, anyone?  This is an urgent subject!

Regards!