Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

10.2 Beta problem

I have upgraded to Blackberry 10.2 and I am trying to run a Z 10 app on my Z 10 device from the QNX development environment.

I am getting this error:

result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version 

forbidden, want (10, 2, 0, 0) have (10, 0, 10, 684)

I have tried generating new debug tokens, used new code signing keys, deleted and recreated the target but I am still getting the same error.  I had this problem once before and I just deleted the debug token and then the development environment prompted me to download the runtime libraries for the device or target and that solved the problem.  But this time nothing I have tried solves the problem.

Thanks and Best Regars

jvstewart

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: 10.2 Beta problem

in the gui editor of bar-descriptor.xml on the general tab there is an "api level" section. That controls that message, you can set whatever you want, or set your project api level to be the 10.1 sdk and not the 10.2.
Like all of my posts
Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the reply.  That led to the answer.  I think what happened was that the settings in Window->preferences are appled to new projects but old projects have to be set using the properties from the project context menu.  Once I set the project API level the application uploaded to the device.

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Great, glad that worked. If that solved things make sure to mark the thread as solved!
Like all of my posts