Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: VZW

10.2 Hub Integration and documentation

In the live stream yesterday I thought I heard that with approval, third party apps could register new Account types and have full hub integration. However, I can't find any examples of this, and the docs still say:

"Any Account calls requiring write access (to edit, add or delete an account) are not granted to third party applications and will result in failure."

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__pim__account__accountservice.html

Since I can't add to the Hub context menu, it appears the only way to make my app functional is to go the full hub integration route, but I can't find any information on how to do it. Is this possible in 10.2?

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10 & Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: 10.2 Hub Integration and documentation

Hello,

If you go to https://developer.blackberry.com/jam/headless/  you can apply to have your app granted access for either Hub Integration or to run as a Headless App.

As for API documentation how to implement the Hub integration, I am not sure yet where those are located.

Playbook Apps:
Touch Painter, LinkShrink

BB10 Apps:
NoteToSelf , LinkShrink
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: VZW

Thanks; I have already submitted the form. It is documentation and/or examples that I need showing what exactly "Hub Integration" provides.

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

[ Edited ]

I have also been looking and I can't find any information regarding Hub integration.

It would be great if we could have a sample added to GitHub