Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VF

Re: 10.2 qmlRegisterType

There's a bug raised for this issue here - https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1353

Please vote for it!

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Just a point: The new 1.2 Momentics is not using the embeded JRE, but the system JRE. It seems it reverses the resolution order of the JRE, pointing mine to JRE 1.4 (which is needed for BB Java and last in the normal resolution order in my "path")

In fact this line, in the file "qde.ini" is indeed adding this JRE to the list of available JRE to Momentics, but not as the first one.

-vm
features/com.qnx.tools.jre.win32_1.6.0.43/jre/bin

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Do you have forum post about deploy issues? I don't want to comment on this one for unrelated issue

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

If you add Q_DECL_EXPORT to your Class (class Q_DECL_EXPORT SomeControl) it gets rid of the errors. Instead you'll see a lightbulb saying its unkown or a custom control.

What I don't understand is that I have the BarcodeDecoder copied into the project from the barcode sample, which uses the "bb.community.barcode" library name, and it doesn't have any errors. My custom one however shows errors and says my library is unknown. Both a registered. As far as I can tell the only difference is that I don't use a namespace for the classes, and the library name is a single name with no '.' ... Even when trying to use a namespace and different library name, it still had issues when BarcodeDecoder doesn't.

Developer

About the deploy and JRE issue, I have just created a JIRA: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1354

Sorry to mix the two problems in one post

Developer

Thanks mreed!

That's worked for me

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VF

mreed wrote:

If you add Q_DECL_EXPORT to your Class (class Q_DECL_EXPORT SomeControl) it gets rid of the errors. Instead you'll see a lightbulb saying its unkown or a custom control.

What I don't understand is that I have the BarcodeDecoder copied into the project from the barcode sample, which uses the "bb.community.barcode" library name, and it doesn't have any errors. My custom one however shows errors and says my library is unknown. Both a registered. As far as I can tell the only difference is that I don't use a namespace for the classes, and the library name is a single name with no '.' ... Even when trying to use a namespace and different library name, it still had issues when BarcodeDecoder doesn't.

This won't work for me as my custom control is declared in Qml.

Developer
My Device: None
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]
If you add Q_DECL_EXPORT to your Class (class Q_DECL_EXPORT SomeControl) it gets rid of the errors. Instead you'll see a lightbulb saying its unkown or a custom control.

What I don't understand is that I have the BarcodeDecoder copied into the project from the barcode sample, which uses the "bb.community.barcode" library name, and it doesn't have any errors. My custom one however shows errors and says my library is unknown. Both a registered. As far as I can tell the only difference is that I don't use a namespace for the classes, and the library name is a single name with no '.' ... Even when trying to use a namespace and different library name, it still had issues when BarcodeDecoder doesn't.

This worked for me, however QML autocompletion no longer works inside the components I've marked with Q_DECL_EXPORT. From one inconvenience to another, it seems.

----------------------
Check out my app, Alien Flow for reddit

And of course, like my post if you found it helpful or informative!