Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Accelerometer reading are not updated smoothly when you move your device left to right or right to left in the Horizontal Plane

[ Edited ]

I am developing an application for BB 10 devices using Accelerometer. I am testing it on a BB 10 Dev Alpha device.

When I move the device in LANSCAPE MODE in left to right or right to left direction in the Horizontal Plane, the accelerometer readings are not updated smoothly as they do in other directions .

Also, the update in the Vertical plane is not as per the expectations, it is not par with Android, Iphone or other blackberry devices.

I even checked BlackBerry Example project of Accelerometer. It has the same issue. Has anybody else face the same issue ? Is there any solution for this ?

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Accelerometer reading are not updated smoothly when you move your device left to right or right to left in the Horizontal Plane

I also noticed the same, the acclerometer reading are not getting updated frequently and smoothly on the BB 10 dev alpha device, I have OS 10.0.6 on the device.

Does any body have a soluton to the problem.

Also i noticed that direction sensor too is not working properly. It only gets updated in the portrait mode.

Any Help would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: Accelerometer reading are not updated smoothly when you move your device left to right or right to left in the Horizontal Plane

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you talking about the APR sensor? A saw that too being only correct in portrait mode. I notice that if you flip the device (down is up), you get a different reading that does not appear 180 degrees. When in landscape mode, it seems to be orthogonally off, but I could not find rhyme or reason to it. The APR sensor should take into account the orientation of the device. Should this be reported as a bug or is it well known by RIM?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Well, there is that issues with APR but here I am talking about accelerometer readings. & Yeah actually I was confused about whether RIM has knowingly made it that way or its a bug.

Anyways did you notice any issue in accelerometer while moving it left to right or right to left in Horizontal plane in LANDSCAPE MODE? I found them infrequent & less smooth. 

Retired
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Hi there,

This definitely seems like a bug - I would recommend logging an issue for this here:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Thanks,

Martin

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Accelerometer reading are not updated because example provided on github in that Accelerometer rate is set to very high. code:ACCELEROMETER_RATE = 25000 which is very high. As per their document 

This is the rate at which the accelerometer data will be updated from hardware. The hardware update rate
 is set below using sensor_set_rate. If we set this to 1000 then it update correctly and give readings as we get on BB java device.

Replace code: ACCELEROMETER_RATE = 1000  then it update corretly.