Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: AMX

Accented characters not displayed correctly in Momentics IDE Version: 2.0

Hi guys

Yesterday Momentics notified me about an automatic update, so I installed it and now Momentics does not display correctly accented characters such as áéíóú.

The update is Version: 2.0 Build id: v201310251603

I had never messed with the encoding configuration, which supposedly is UTF-8 by default.

Since the update (, I believe, )  if I write 'á', the IDE displays it correctly but the app displays those characters (for example, in a SystemDialog) as garbage.

I changed the encoding to ISO-8859-1 and the same thing happens.

Now the weird thing is, if I set the encoding as ISO-8859-1, paste the content with accented characters from any other text editor and change the encoding to UTF-8, the IDE displays those characters as '�', but the app displays them correctly.

Before the update, what I typed was what I saw in the IDE as well as in the apps.

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pepe

Retired
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Accented characters not displayed correctly in Momentics IDE Version: 2.0

Hi,

I'll look into the problem for you (thanks for the build id).

But - please confirm - when you are in the Momentics IDE - your "help about" shows "version : 10.2.1" ? 

g

Developer

Thanks!

Help -> About Momentics IDE only shows

Momentics® IDE for BlackBerry
Version: 2.0
Build id: v201310251603

If I click the QNX Software Systems Limited icon it shows a list which contains Momentics IDE 10.2.1.v201310251603 for Feature Id com.qnx.tools.bbt.ide

That's the only item with version 10.2.1, every other one is at 5.0.0

Below the list, this is displayed:

Momentics® Integrated Development Environment
Version: 5.0.0.v201310251603
Build id: v201310251603

Was that the info you were looking for?

Retired
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Pepe - thank you - the more info the better.

I've reported it internally - they are not able to reproduce the error.

They have asked me for your :

1 device OS version

2 device locale setting

3 if possible, bar-desciptor file (you can email it to gfioret AT blackberry DOT com (that is me)

4 Confirmation of the encoding used in the editor (in proj explorer, right-click properties on the file containing the accented text, see setting for ‘Text file encoding’)

g

Highlighted
Developer

I'm testing on a Z10 with OS 10.0.10.88

The locale is Spanish

I'll send you some screenshots and their explanations.

Thanks for your help!