Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Add data to ListView after startup

I am trying to create a ListView that initially loads a small set of data so the application can be opened quickly and the favorites that are loaded first can be used quickly.  I am trying to load the remainder of the data after the application is open and running but I can't seem to find the appropriate trigger(signal) for when the application is finally displayed.  I also need the second data to load asynchronously so that list items can be used while the second set of data is being loaded.  I only have two smaller sets of data so I don't want to go the fill data by scrolling route.  I have a custom data model that has separate slots for each set of data.  Not sure how to process the second set so that the application can still respond while the data is loading (like doevents from vb). Any suggestions?

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Add data to ListView after startup

You probably want something like this: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/ui/lists/asynch_data.html

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker