Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: UAE DU

Adding a custom menu item to an existing application (email application) for BB10 (Z10).

Hello everyone,

A year ago we have developed for BB OS7 (with Java) an application that interprets specific emails sent from our service, upon opening these specific emails we add couple of custom menu items to allow the user to vote for these emails.

We are now interested in porting this same application to BB10 (especially Z10), and since Java is no longer supported for BB10, we are not sure where to start and which platform to pick (Native or Cascade, or ??).

Kindly we need your help to direct us, and to tell us if it will be feasible to do the same with either Native or Cascade and how (which libraries to use, or if there are any related samples out there).

Many thanks for your help.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Adding a custom menu item to an existing application (email application) for BB10 (Z10).

I haven't seen any API for that kind of things. You may wish to post to Cascades forum too.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: UAE DU

Re: Adding a custom menu item to an existing application (email application) for BB10 (Z10).

Thank you I will do that.