Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user
My Carrier: none

Advise on which tool to use for Advance table features

I am working on an electronic grade book application and having experimented with Cascade decided that doing really advanced TableViews  is beyond its capabilities.  But then I thought Casccades   Calendear app has soime pretty advanced table views so maybe it is possible.

How would one go about created a spread sheet like application with Cascade.  Would I use a list View. 

Would I be better off using an html widget for the spread sheet. 

Has anyone done such a spread sheet app? Any advise on which method to use (Cascade or html)

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Advise on which tool to use for Advance table features

Hi! There's no table-like functionality, but you can put any custom controls inside of listView.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Advise on which tool to use for Advance table features

A ListView is very possible, but then you'll need to know the number of columns in your datamodel and the number of columns should be the same for all rows. (It can be done with a different number of columns per row, but this will give a strange UI experience).
-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!