Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Any Z30 developer phones?

I wanted to know if there are any cheaper versions of the Z30 that developers can buy.  I bought a Z10 and I had to buy a Q10 a few months ago just to fully test my apps. For what I understand, the Z30 is going to be pricey. I wish Blackberry would come out with a cheaper version developers can buy. I don't even care for built in radio antennas. I hate simulators. I refuse to even bother with them anymore. But it's getting pricey buying these phones.

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Cozz

Updated my pin
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Any Z30 developer phones?

"I hate simulators"... but if you've already got a real device, for the most part you can use the simulator just to check the appearance and layout on the different form factor. It's not like you have to use it for the full testing... and that quick check would be sufficient for many types of apps (again, assuming you've got a real device of a different type as well).

Anyway, for now, no, there certainly has been nothing said about a cheaper dev version of the Z30 that one can buy. Maybe that's something we'll hear about soon, now that the device is actually official. (It was announced only today, after all!)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Beeline

It would be great if developers could get Z30 instead of Z10 LE (as a reward in a new BFB  program)

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Or a return on investment!

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Appearance and layout aren't the only things. Sound as well. I made an app to produce frequencies. Low and behold, the Z10 couldn't produce certain high frequencies. The Q10 stopped at a different level. The Z30 for what I understand has stereo speakers and much better sound. I wanted to know the layout as well as what the hardware can handle in frequencies. And that's just one app.

Updated my pin
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Developer
My Carrier: Aircel

i think no cheaper device is available , but u can also test the sound on simulator, but not actual sound quality,

but testing can be performed.. 

----------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.