Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Various

App Permissions dialog on Q10

We have some Cascades apps that run on both Z10 and Q10 - single binary.

For the apps that are 'portrait only' the permissions dlg displayed as expected - in portrait - on both Z10 + Q10

For apps that support 'landscape' only, the permissions dlg on both devices is displayed in landscape, in particular the Q10 seems to think its entirely sensible to display the dialog in landscape - the dlg is rotated 90 degrees + you have to scroll horizontally, read it sideways etc.

Appreciate there is n such thing as portrait/landscape on square screen devices. The apps re-layout themselves to accomodate the square screen but really only work sensibly in landscape on Z10.

So we need the app to claim landscape mode so work on Z10 + would expect Q10 to simply ignore all landscape info, which it seems to manage most other places, e.g. when displaying sheets + system dialogs etc.

Is this ia known bug/feature, been fixed etc ?

Testing on Dev Alpha C device.

My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: COMPE

Re: App Permissions dialog on Q10

This will solve your problem here:

Helped you? Like me.
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Various

Hi there

I think you have misundersttod the problem.

We are aware that different appplication assets can be chosen at run time based on various aspects of a device.

The application permissions dialog, as displayed by the BB10 system when an app is installed in not an asset that applications have much control over - apps dont even ask for the dialog to be displayed, the system simply display it. About the only control is via selection of application permissions within the bar file, but these are not really optional, they are defined by your apps functionality.

So the original question remains....

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Sounds like a bug. Can you please log it on the Developer Issue Tracker: DIT

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker