Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-20-2013 04:20 PM
I'm making an app. It's interface is pure QML code. I'll connect it with C++, but not yet, so I think QML is irrelevant at this point.
I started coding in C++ an "AccountReq" Class that contains a QNetworkManager and some slots for when the reply finishes.
I create an instance of AccountReq from the App.cpp constructor and when I run the app, sometimes it crashes at startup. I commented all code from AccountReq, so the app does nothing and it still crashes!
It gives me this error which is not really helpful:
Process 366702769 (cascades) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=7bfd439c(/apps/com.example.ConsumoDeDatos.testD
I read it may be because of a NULL Poiner, so I tried to debug but it gets stuck at 79% (Configuring GDC)
I created another workspace and an empty project, built for Simulator-Debug, created a debug configuration, tested on simulator but I can't debug that one either, also stuck at 79%.
I'm using Windows 7 (on Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro) and the Gold SDK. Uninstalled the old one and installed the Gold one.
I'd paste code but the app just opens, everything is commented and it still crashes.
Help would be really, really appreciated.
02-20-2013 11:03 PM
02-22-2013 01:36 AM
Thanks for the answer
I checked the /logs folder and there were some files named cascades.1.core, cascades.2.core, etc
Those files had sizes of about 25,000MB ! so I guess the error was a stack overflow or something.
I don't know how those files were generated.
Those files were in binary. The other log file had debug logs but no error was printed there.
I tried creating an empty project and carefully copy-pasting all the code from the crashing app, and the new one doesn't crash! I need to continue developing and keep testing, will post updates later.
02-22-2013 02:16 AM
Those core files are generated by the device. You can use the debugger to analyse them: