Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Batelco

App deployment problem - debug build works on device, release build doesn't - both work in simulator

Title says it all, please kindly direct me in figuring why this occures how to troubleshoot.

for your reference my old thread: Thread

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App deployment problem - debug build works on device, release build doesn't - both work in simulator

What error are you getting?  Is this the same app as your other thread?  What happens when you side load the signed, release build on your BlackBerry Smartphone (same bar file you are attempting to deploy from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server)?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: App deployment problem - debug build works on device, release build doesn't - both work in simulator

It has happened to me. Try to remove optimization level -O1 or -O0 and to remove Enhanced security (-fstack-protector-all).

I find the compiler somewhat buggy, this happens from time to time. The code in my project compiles fine in Windows, iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego, but for  BB10 and Playbook I find this problems.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackbery z10
My Carrier: RIM

what is the software version on your device?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I'm using a Z10 LE and the OS version is 10.0.9.348

I'd like to update it, but Blackberry does not provide updates.