Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Application Menu disabled on Sheet?

If peek is going to make your UI behave strangely (like in that case with scrollable webviews and such), disabling the peek gesture can be a reasonable thing to do. On a navigation pane, the user can always peek by sliding from the back button, which is unambiguous. 

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

I have a bug report in for this as well, in fact it was the first one I ever put in. Smiley Happy

It's still open, I even wrote a sample app and communicated with one of the head engineers several times to no avail.

It took some time before they would even admit there was a problem with peek.

Not angry, just saying. Smiley Happy

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Ah, that does make a difference. I was aware that you could peek all the way back to the Hub while reading threaded emails with the back button, but I didn't know that if you disable peek that it still works on the back button. I may just go that route.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.