Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Are there any other ways to install debug token other than using qde

I'm just going to recommend you check your export settings make sure its set to release and you are not building to a greater OS version than your device.

Apart from that I can't think what else it would be, perhaps someone else can come up with some suggestions?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: BB 10 Dev
My Carrier: Simulator

i tried to sideload the signed release BAR into my another device which is higher os version 10.1.0.1483 and my Momentics SDK version is 10.1.0.1020.

It first launched the app, and pop up the permission for the app, after clicking ok, it closes the app. And then unable to launch the app again.

where can i check the export settings? is it Export -> Release Build

Note: I'm able to sideload the release BAR into the device (HLB.bar) but not the Signed Release BAR (HLB-1_0_0_1.bar)

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

This is starting to sound like the classic problem where an app was written with the expectation that the app/ folder would be writable in release mode.

jessica99327, do you ever try to make changes to the contents of the app/ folder (or anything beneath it, like assets/)? If so, this will not work. Only data/ is writable to your app (or shared/, if you have the access_shared permission).

This often explains why a signed build will not run when the devmode build runs just fine.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

peter9477, it sounds like you've figured out my problem but could you please explain in more details.

As in what you meant by making changes to the contents of the app/folder? I did add a few folders into assets/ (for example: assets/Promotions/Promotion1.qml) there's also where all my qml files goes.

Developer

What Peter is suggesting is that you might be trying to write to the app folders such as assets in your program code, only the data folder should be used for writing data.

Is this something you might have done?

Do you add your Promotions folder from within the app or at build time if it's at build time then this isn't a problem.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

Sorry that I couldn't get what you meant, correct me if I'm wrong.

i added the Promotions folder through assets -> right click New Folder -> then from there I add New QML

is this what you meant?

Developer

I missed out something, during export release build after clicking next at the top of the pop up box there's a warning msg:

Asset should only be packaged once: C:/Users/N0189/ndk-10.1.0 workspace/HLB/assets/images/splashscreenQ.png.

does this causes the problem?

Developer

This is fine.

jessica99327 wrote:

Sorry that I couldn't get what you meant, correct me if I'm wrong.

i added the Promotions folder through assets -> right click New Folder -> then from there I add New QML

is this what you meant?

This will be added at build time which would not cause a problem.

Developer

Look in your bar-descriptor.xml file and check you are not supplying a splashscreen for the same resolution twice, if so remove one of the lines. One per resolution.

jessica99327 wrote:

I missed out something, during export release build after clicking next at the top of the pop up box there's a warning msg:

Asset should only be packaged once: C:/Users/N0189/ndk-10.1.0 workspace/HLB/assets/images/splashscreenQ.png.

does this causes the problem?

Developer

[ Edited ]

I'm attaching the screenshots of the bar-descriptor.xml

So there're 8 warnings, I've removed the duplicates one but there're 2 left which says:

Source file of assets "HLB" does not exist?

and I tried to export release build, is still give me the same output.

assets.png