Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wind

BAD FRAME PID and audio scratch

Hello all, I am having audio play using openAL on the click of a button. It can be played frequently and of different durations depending on the number and length of the button clicks/hold. The problem is that occassionally the audio will skip, or get stratchy for a moment and take a second to recover before playing properly again. I receive a ### BAD_FRAME pid=427393233 at 178635801 ms -> t: 45 ms p1: 9 ms, r: 32 ms, p2: 0 ms, u: 4 ms or similar error each time this occurs. Is this something I am doing wrong or an error with something on the other end? Because my implementation works fine most of the time, this just occurs every 1 in 15 clicks. 

Retired
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: BAD FRAME PID and audio scratch

Hey,

some of these BAD_FRAME errors are not problematic - have you taken a look at this thread?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/a-few-cascades-qml-questions/td-p/186213...

Martin

Retired

Are you still getting issues with this?

Martin

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wind

Yes, could it possibly be related to battery level? I find that software issues crop up within the last 10% or so of my alpha, if I just test my application when it is well charged it performs better.

Retired

You could always test the same code base when the device is at full power and then when it is at low power, but I doubt that very much;

Did you take a look at the thread link I had posted?

Martin