Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer; currently using v10 simulator
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

BB 10.1.0.807 simulator not displaying the entire app screen

Hello,

I have started learning the BB cascades a few days ago and I am currently going through the tutorials.

I installed the simulator version 10.1.0.807 (running on vmwareplayer). I use QNX Momentics IDE, on win7 64bit.

My problem is this: when I try to run applications that take up entire simulator screen, I only see a portion of the application screen, displayed on the simulator.

For example:

1. Pull my beard - sample application; when I run it on the simulator, it only displays the guy's head, so I can't really pull his beard because it's not visible and not reachable on my screen.

However, if I open the layout file using the IDE's preview, I can see it perfectly fine.

2. Speedwriter sample app, Starship settings sample app have the same problem; the bottom part of the layout doesn't fit inside the simulator's screen

3. I have done the layout tutorial with the cows (the one that is supposed to demonstrate the difference between layouts) but I can't click the buttons at the bottom of the screen, because they are not being displayed. Same with the top text label.

The weird thing is that if I remove the middle container with the 3 different containers for the layouts, I am able to see the top container with the text label and the bottom container with the buttons; as soon as I add in the middle container, I lose the others.

Please note that everything looks fine in the IDE's preview.

I tried to change the zoom attribute of the simulator window, using the controller, but nothing changed.

Any tips would be appreciated, as I don't own a BB device at the moment and I would really love to test out the features.

Thank you very much in advance!

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: BB 10.1.0.807 simulator not displaying the entire app screen

[ Edited ]

You're probably using Q10 simulator (for device with HW keyboard), and the samples are for Z10. Download the another simulator and they should work properly.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
New Contributor

You were right, thank you very much.

I have downloaded a couple of simulators, but they were all for the Q10 Device (with physical keyboard), which is why my application main screens were not displaying correctly.

I have finally downloaded the Z10 simulator (full touch screen device) and now everything is working fine.

Issue solved!

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha Simulator
My Carrier: Blackberry

Hi adamlum,

Would you mind sharing the link to download the correct simulator which solved your problem? Mine didnt show full screen as well.

Thank you.
Regards,

Steve Chan
Highlighted
New Contributor

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/download/ - scroll down.

I hope my reply is not too late.

Look at the icons next to the download links - one is the Z10 device, one is the Q10 device with keyboard.

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha Simulator
My Carrier: Blackberry

Thanks bro. Got it right yesterday. Blackberry should put more information on the simulator on which is for which device.
Regards,

Steve Chan