Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB10 Dev Alpha and Qt Quick touch screen problem

I've got a strange problec when implemented some UI using Qt Quick's QML (not Cascades) - my application doesn't handle touch events, but every thing else works OK.

Any ideas is it a bug or just some additional configuration is needed, etc? Thanks.

--
Oleg Shparber
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha and Qt Quick touch screen problem

Where did you get the Qt libraries from? Are you using the built-in ones, or your own? 

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Developer

I got this bug with built-in libs. I'll try to rebuild Qt myself, maybe this will fix the problem,
--
Oleg Shparber
Developer

Interesting, I don't think anyone's really tried Qt alone without Cascades. There's another thread in here about porting your Qt apps, maybe you can look there for info or help. Also, if you're working with the Dev Alpha, I wouldn't bother building your own libs. That's only really relevant and useful for the PlayBook, while we wait for Qt libraries to be delivered with the OS.

Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Developer

Cascades are pretty buggy for now and everything can be simply achieved with Qt Quick. Building Qt on my own maybe will give me a working app to test in the BB10 environment while new simulator and device firmware update come out.
--
Oleg Shparber
Developer

Might be a good idea to file a bug so they're aware of it.

Developer

BTW, everything works fine on BB10 device, so it's simulator issue. Will file a bug about it later.
--
Oleg Shparber
Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

So its working fine on the device now? The sims are **bleep** IMO and I gave up them altogether.

If your still having grief, here is what fixed a similar problem I had on my playbook.

I had an issue like that on my playbook when I compiled the symbian qml components with a different compiler then what the Qt libs were built with, the apps loaded fine but touch events didnt work. 

I recompiled everything and then all was good. I would recommend you rebuild the Qt libs from scratch and try again.

Good luck!

Jon

Developer

Yeah, touch screen works fine on the bb10 device. I haven't tried to build Qt libs for simulator yet.
--
Oleg Shparber