Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: RIM

BB10 : How to get custom Menu on Swipe Down in landscape mode

Basically I want to create Custom menu in landscape (fixed) mode on swipe down from top of the screen.

I tried Navigator API. It provides SWIPE_DOWN event that can be detected only when the device is in portrait mode as they . so when I try swiping down in my application the swipe cannot bt detected as my app is in landscape mode.

gestures/swipe.h API might help me. But I didn't find any useful example or documentation on it (like how to use it's swipe_gesture_alloc function) https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/com.qnx.doc.gestures.lib_ref/topic/swipe_gesture_a...

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 : How to get custom Menu on Swipe Down in landscape mode

Retired

Hi,

just realized that the thread I sent was yours, so, are you trying to workaround the issue?

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi amarcon,

Ya after so much finding on forum and documentation i come to know that on Beta 2(OS Version: 10.0.6) swipe dpwn signal is not emit as compared to Beta1(OS Version 10.0.4) swipe down is emit. We also emit the Navigation.h file and also implement that but that also not work.

Retired

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Ok, one last thing if you didn`t yet, please vote for https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-192 and https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-182

Please, remember this is still beta, it will be hard to find a way to respond to a signal that isn't sent.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: RIM

Thanks amarcon..

Yes I'm presently applying a work around for getting my customised Menu. That I actually want on swipe down. I have seen applications responding to swipe down in landscape mode in beta1. in beta2 device i dont find the same apps to respond it.

And I would like it if the new release come with emmiting swipeDown() SIGNAL in navigator.h API. so that we developers can directly call our slots.

Highlighted
Retired

Hi,

yeah I understand, I would strongly recommend you, to vote on those 2 issues listed above and stay tuned on the next releases.

Cheers,