11-01-2013 09:58 PM
I'm trying to get the BB10 simulator to work on a VMWare ESXi server. Here's what I have done so far:
At this point, the VM screen shows the device IP address "telnet ftp ssh qconn", the device pin and the build number.
The next step is to connect the Momentics IDE to this virtual machine.
The simulator configuration dialog needs a vmx file (presumably to run vmware specific commands). In the ESXi setup, there is no vmx file.
If I were to attempt to connect to the virtual machine by its IP address, I need a device password, which I do not have.
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-01-2013 11:37 PM
Responding to my own question because I found the answer:
Now that I have the IP, I just followed the steps in
Since I had never set up a password for the simulator, I left the password field blank.
Copy pasting the details:
From your IDE
- Right click on your project in Project Explorer view
- Go to Blackberry Tools and click on Configure Targets...
- Click the Add New Target... button and enter the IP address of your simulator in the Hostname or IP field, enter your password if you have one and the click Finish
To run your app on the simulator:
- In the Project Explorer view, double-click on the bar-descriptor.xml file, then click the Set from Debug Token button to set author information for the app.
- Set the correct build configuration for the simulator first by right-clicking your project and selecting Build Configurations > Set Active > 4 Simulator-Debug.
- In the Project Explorer view, right-click the project and select Build Project.
- Right-click the project again and select Run As > BlackBerry C/C++ Application.