Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BBM Invite Screen Issue

Has anyone else seen the invite to download screen just flash up all white and then go back down?

I see this every once in a while and am not sure if there is something in my app or just a bug in BBM system.

App is registered successfully with BBM.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: BBM Invite Screen Issue

Bug in system. I get that too sometimes, but as I've been working with the NDK stuff (libbbmsp.so) as well as the Cascades, and seen the same sorts of things, it's clear to me it's not my code. Once you've called the invite() routine, there's really nothing left that your own code is responsible for, so anything unusual beyond that is the system's fault.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE

Got it...thanks.  Glad someone else saw it.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
My Device: Red Z10

[ Edited ]

this just started happening to me for no apparent reason.  it launches the invite menu while on dev-c, but now on the z10 i'm just getting a white screen that pops up

i've watched the Slog on both devices and it outputs the same, only it never really opens it on the z10 Smiley Sad

Update --

As a last resort, not sure what to do.  I generated a new UUID, replaced my current one and now its working properly