Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
12-27-2013 10:41 AM
I am developing a game that requires BBM integration. I looked through BBM Social Platform documentation and couldn't find answers on some crucial questions.
1. Is it possible for applications to communicate with each other via BBM?
2. More specifically, is there a way to receive a massage that a user installed app using our invitation via BBM?
01-02-2014 12:57 PM
1. Not really, an application can prepare a message for the user to send, but the user has to send it. There is also no way for applications to read incoming messages.
2. Not directly, but when you programmatically request a list of the user's BBM contacts only the ones who have your application installed are returned. So you could use that to find if they have the app installed, there isn't a way to know if it was installed using the invite to download feature.