Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

BBM integration: unable to complete setup (on the simulator)

Hi, I have a problem, I wanted to integrate BBM to my Apps, but actually I just have the simulator test it.

When I run it and I add my blackberry ID I always get to this page:

bbm.PNG

Is this not possible? I have the latest emulator (10_0_09-2318) and the vmware player 4.0.4 build-744019

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Developer

Re: BBM integration: unable to complete setup (on the simulator)

[ Edited ]

I installed the latest vmware player 5.0.1 and now it works!

EDIT: I was wrong, the problem still exists.

Developer

but now I found the solution:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/bbm/bbmsp_testing_bbm_app_de...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

The URL link you posted for the solution does not work and I have the same problem. How did you fix it ?

I have the new Z10. I downloaded BB Link and followed instruictions. My BB ID works and I managed to downlaod an app but BBM refuses to set up with the same error message.

HELP !