01-01-2013 07:26 AM
We are searching for a top-notch programmer who knows to develop apps for the Blackberry environment and specifically for the Blackberry 10.
** You will develop a small app from start to finish.
** The app will make use of the phone's native functions (camera, flash, etc...)
** All graphics will be provided to you.
** The app should be backwards compatible with Blackberry 7 and Playbook OS.
The entire app is extremely basic, has only about 2 screens and should be completed within a week. If you are interested in applying for this position please answer the following questions:
1. What is your preferred programming language for the Blackberry 10?
2. Do you own or can you get your hands on a prototype of the Blackberry 10 (Dev Alpha A / B / C)? What Blackberry devices do you own for testing purposes?
2. You will need to integrate the facebook and twitter SDK’s into the project. Please send us a link to a project you have completed which makes use of the facebook and twitter SDK’s.
3. You will need to integrate the following functions into the app:
** an advertising service
** analytics package
** push notification package
** in-app payment system (to remove ads on the free version)
Please explain what specific services you will recommend to integrate into this Blackberry 10 app.
4. The project will need to have 2 targets. A FREE target and a PRO target so that we can build 2 versions of the app from the same project. Have you done this before? How can this be achieved?
5. Please provide a link to your best app which you developed for the blackberry phone.
Lastly, we will need your help to guide us through the process for developing an app for blackberry 10. We have experience with iOS apps however we will need your guidance on this project.
Only serious candidates should apply who can complete the project within 7 days and answer the questions above.
TO APPLY: Email david AT makeappmag DOT com with your responses + proposed budget
01-01-2013 03:38 PM - edited 01-01-2013 03:46 PM
Backwards compatable is not possible to BB7 from my knowledge. You will have to make significant changes. As for Playbook 2.0 you may be able to partialy but it will be getting the BB10 platform soon after the launch.
Since your iOS developers you should have little problem porting your code in the native structure. Here are some links: