Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: RSA Vodacom

Blackberry 10 dev alpha simulator

So I got the new Beta 2 dev alpha simulator and vmware player 4.0.4 to host the simulator. Now I installed the vmware, but I'm struggling to install the simulator...it keeps telling me "Could not find a valid Java virtual machine". I really want to test my apps for BB 10 since I don't have a physical Dev Alpha. Please help!
Retired
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry 10 dev alpha simulator

Hi maddog550,

which Java Version do you have installed? Notice that, it requires Java® SE 6 Runtime Environment.
 Also, which VM version did you get? There is also a note saying that, The BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook OS simulators are not compatible with VMWare Player 5.0.

Hope this helps,

Contributor

I have the vmware player 4.0.4. I don't have a Java SE 6 Runtime Enviroment installed on my PC, were might I find this program?
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Download it from here,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7u7-downloads-1836441.html

Why do we fall ? So we might learn to pick ourselves up.
Contributor

Thank you, is there anything else that I need to run the simulator successfully?
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

I think thats all for installing Virtual Machine. Once virtual machine get installed successfully you would have to check your Simulator installation if its getting installed succesfully.

Download Java Runtime for your OS and install it. Then revert if any error occurs while installation.

While installing simulator please check the simulator installation requirements .

Why do we fall ? So we might learn to pick ourselves up.
Contributor

Thank you for the good advice! I installed everything including the simulator, but now eveytime I want to run the simulator on vmware the player tries to run it, but then it goes back to the vmware library.
Retired

Hi maddog550,

I saw some issues with the Simulator on previous versions either, I would suggest you to re-install the simulator. Anyway, did you see any screen coming up or it just crashes? Did you try to run it with Safe Mode?

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/resource/simulator_troubleshooting.html

Notice that there is a section there to improve performance, but lets get it working first.

Contributor

Hi amarcon!

I have tried re-installing the simulator, but it doesn't open at all, it only shows the vmware player splash screen and then jumps back to the vmware library. I've tried everything, but nothing seem to work.
Retired