Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Bug in BucketList sample app

[ Edited ]

There is a bug in the bucketlist cascades sample app and I'm trying to understand why it's happening.

When the app loads, tap an item to go to the detail screen. Works fine.

Now, go back and switch to one of the other items (like chickened out) on the segmented control at the top of the app.

Now tap an item to go to the detail screen. Once the page finishes being pushed onto the navigation pane, the segmented control from the previous page pops back on top of the current page. Now the title of the detail screen is blocked by this control, and if you go back to the main list, the segmented control is back to the first selection in the segmented control (instead of the one that was selected when we navigated to the details page).

I've recreated this on both a dev alpha and a simulator. Anyone else having this bug? What's the cause?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bug in BucketList sample app

I temporarily resolved this issue by using a dedicated SegmentedControl instead of a segmented TitleBar. Once I did this, it works beautifully.

Still would be interested in knowing if this was a bug because of code or because of the framework itself.