10-28-2012 05:32 PM
After adding/removing some files to a Momentics project now I can not compile and all I get in the console is the message:
**** Rebuild of configuration Device-Release for project FillGame ****
**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Does anybody know what can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-29-2012 12:37 PM
10-30-2012 01:35 PM
Hi klz Thanks for your answer.
I've checked the paths but I can not see anything wrong. This happens to me from time to tima and I usually copy the full directory with the project before adding or deleting any file but unfortunatelly I forgot to do it this time. I think that one configuration file has become inconsistent.
When this happens I recreate the project, but as the project grows this becomes a great work and is very frustrating.
I think that I will try to recreate the project from a makefile and maybe this won't happen again.
10-30-2012 03:54 PM
The project is a multi platform game (you can check the free version for the PlayBook in the Appworld http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/11
I usually develop in the PC and then make the adjustments for Playbook, Android, Symbian and Meego... Recently I added support for the Spark Particle system and the other day I started adapting it for Playbook. So I have to add a lot of files and the project became corrupt.
What I said about copying folders was as a back up. As this problem has arised more times I usually make a copy of the folder in which I have the .project, .cproject and .metadata, then I add some files and check that it compiles. If it compiles I make a new copy and start again. If the build fails then I restore the folder and add a minor number of files to try again. As you can imagine this is very boring and I am starting to consider to drop support for Playbook.
10-30-2012 04:12 PM
What you are doing just does not sound right.
You can *not* corrupt a project by adding files. It can stop compiling due to some new errors but it does not get corrupted. Apparently you are doing something wrong.
I am surprized you are still supporting PlayBook having to do this procedure over and over again -)))
11-01-2012 10:44 AM
Finally I've solved it. I started removing files from the project until it compiled again. Then I re added them but only a few at a time. If I added too much files, the error appeared again.
@BGmot I shouldnt be able to corrupt a project just adding files to it, but it's possible. It seems that if I only add the files in small number then it works fine. I use virtual folders so I think that there is a bug there.