Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Build error

Hello

After adding/removing some files to a Momentics project now I can not compile and all I get in the console is the message:

**** Rebuild of configuration Device-Release for project FillGame ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
Build error

Does anybody know what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Developer
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE + Playbook
My Carrier: MTS Ukraine

Re: Build error

It looks like Momentics cannot find your compiler. Check paths. 

Thank you!
----------------------------
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
My Blog: http://bb10pro.com
Contributor

Hi klz  Thanks for your answer.

I've checked the paths but I can not see anything wrong. This happens to me from time to tima and I usually copy the full directory with the project before adding or deleting any file but unfortunatelly I forgot to do it this time. I think that one configuration file has become inconsistent.

When this happens I recreate the project, but as the project grows this becomes a great work and is very frustrating.

I think that I will try to recreate the project from a makefile and maybe this won't happen again.

Carlos

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

out of curiosity - why are you moving/copying folders?

Contributor

@BGMot

The project is a multi platform game (you can check the free version for the PlayBook in the Appworld http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/113681/ )

I usually develop in the PC and then make the adjustments for Playbook, Android, Symbian and Meego... Recently I added support for the Spark Particle system and the other day I started adapting it for Playbook. So I have to add a lot of files and the project became corrupt.

What I said about copying folders was as a back up. As this problem has arised more times I usually make a copy of the folder in which I have the .project, .cproject and .metadata, then I add some files and check that it compiles. If it compiles I make a new copy and start again. If the build fails then I restore the folder and add a minor number of files to try again. As you can imagine this is very boring and I am starting to consider to drop support for Playbook.

Cheers

Carlos

Developer

What you are doing just does not sound right.

You can *not* corrupt a project by adding files. It can stop compiling due to some new errors but it does not get corrupted. Apparently you are doing something wrong.

I am surprized you are still supporting PlayBook having to do this procedure over and over again -)))

Contributor

Finally I've solved it. I started removing files from the project until it compiled again. Then I re added them but only a few at a time. If I added too much files, the error appeared again.

@BGmot I shouldnt be able to corrupt a project just adding files to it, but it's possible. It seems that if I only add the files in small number then it works fine. I use virtual folders so I think that there is a bug there.

Thanks

Carlos

Developer

then you should open a bug report with specifics adding what type of files break your project.