Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Device - Blacbkerry 9830
My Carrier: Verizon

C++ 11 Support?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if some of the C++ 11 standard will lbe supported? Would love to use Lambdas, auto types , and other things with Cascades , BB10 SDK!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Re: C++ 11 Support?

That would be interesting. Especially when the Qt team are suggesting to move to Clang in the future. GCC 4.4 is soo ancient!

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

"Lambda expressions" and "auto" keyword should already be supported. The current version (at least with the latest SDK) is gcc 4.6, so you can check against the compiler/linker options for that.

From what I have discovered, you probably need the following options:  -Wc,-std=gnu++0x

Regarding your question for the support of C++11:
Parts of the core c++11 language are supported in gcc 4.6. There's some library support in libstdc++v3 but its not complete. There's no support for it yet in the Dinkumware c++library but it might be in the works. 

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

By "latest SDK", I meant the 10.0.0.4-beta one.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/cascades/download 

Developer

Isn't any GCC above 4.4 much, much better. And there is 4.7 available now that includes most of the new C++11 stuff.

It puzzles why so many vendors stick to ancient compilers.

Developer

ed Re: C++ 11 Support?

What happened to the Dinkumware C++ 11 support? According to their site: "Most recently, we've delivered to our customers the first complete implementation of the standard library required for C++11. For an early look, see Microsoft's Visual Studio 11 Beta."

Will there be any working support for BB10 anytime soon?