Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: BB 10 Devloper
My Carrier: Vodafone

CSK Password

Hi, 

I need to update my app but I have forgotten the CSK password. I setup a new dev enviornment and used my backup to restore the keys. I remember the password for the .p12 file but when I try to export a release build it asks for a CSK password that I dont remember. How do i get around this? I need to put an update out there quickly but without this I wont be able. Any help is appriciated. I know I can register new keys but then it'll be a new submission to the app store and not an update.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: CSK Password

[ Edited ]

You won't be able to recover your key and will have to request a new one unfortunately this does mean that updates are no longer possible.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Forgot-Password-of-Code-signing-key/td-p/457...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/bb10/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.devguide/com.qnx.do...

Maybe time to add Pro to your app title. Smiley Happy

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

The app was part of the Last Chance port-a-thon. If it does not go live, we lose out on the 100$ reward as well as are no longer eligible for the 10k program(which i think im late for any ways). Have dropped a mail to the deve guys at Blackberry. Lets see what they have to say to that.

Developer

Can I recommend the use of some kind of password locker to prevent this happening again in the future.

I hear there are a few good ones out there. Smiley Wink

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Ill do anything to prevent this the second time around. what are the options?

Developer

[ Edited ]

Sorry I was making a joke as I'm the author of a password locker app, so I found it ironic that I was answering a question caused by forgetting a password.  Click on stokLocker in my sig below to take a closer look or do a search for stokLocker on BlackBerry World.

Contributor

Ah my bad Smiley Wink just very harrowed right now
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 016 83277897

Did you receive anything from bb supporter?
Contributor

Yup...they cleared the keys from their end so I was able to upload it as an update itself.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 016 83277897

and is it ok TheDevil? Please guide me how to do ? Send me an email to trongbangvp@gmail.com. Thank you so much,

i will download your application Smiley Happy.