Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Calendar-like Settings screen

Hi!

I'm trying to create a Settings screen similar to system Calendar application settings screen.

I've created a top-level NavigationPane then pushed application's main screen page into this pane.

When Settings action is invoked in top menu I push settings page into top-level NavigationPane.

This works well.

But I need to use TabbedPane as my application's main screen. Starting from beta2 it's not possible to push TabbedPane into NavigationPane. Is there any other way to implement this?

Thanks!

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Calendar-like Settings screen

This is the exact same thing I want to do with my app which uses a tabbedpane and I cannot figure out how to do it. Every solution I see involves using a Sheet which doesn't give you the back button or animate in the same way.
Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

not sure about the probleme, but why can't you simply use TabbedPane as your main navigation component, then use NavigationPane for each tab?

this is a common navigation setup and will reproducce the Calendar native app behavior.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thank you so much!!!! That works perfect.

I'm new to BB10 programming.  Never used Qt or QML. So just kind of overloaded at the moment.