Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Developer
Posts: 1,635
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Can't build sample headlesservice app.

[ Edited ]

downloaded both headless service and the ui sample app and imported to 10.2 sdk.

 

When building release version for headlesservice app it gives this error message

 

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "assets"
 (Time of error: 31 October, 2013 4:53:40 PM MD

 

If i remove the asset item in the Asset then the following error

 

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "arm/o.le-v7-g/headlesservice.so"
 (Time of error: 31 October, 2013 4:49:44 PM MD

 

 

https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Samples/tree/master/headlesservice

 

 

Developer
Posts: 1,177
Registered: ‎03-20-2013
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

Did you change the name of the app in Momentics after you downloaded it? I found that changing the app name can prevent the release build from completing, even  though the debug and profiler builds work fine.

 


smiley wrote:

downloaded both headless service and the ui sample app and imported to 10.2 sdk.

 

When building release version for headlesservice app it gives this error message

 

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "assets"
 (Time of error: 31 October, 2013 4:53:40 PM MD

 

If i remove the asset item in the Asset then the following error

 

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "arm/o.le-v7-g/headlesservice.so"
 (Time of error: 31 October, 2013 4:49:44 PM MD

 

 

https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Samples/tree/master/headlesservice

 

 






Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
Posts: 1,635
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

no.  just download and import into the ide and build the release version.

 

do you mean changing the app folder name or the package name?

Developer
Posts: 1,177
Registered: ‎03-20-2013
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

I meant changing the APP_NAME value in your .pro file.

 


smiley wrote:

no.  just download and import into the ide and build the release version.

 

do you mean changing the app folder name or the package name?






Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Highlighted
Retired
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

smiley

 

I can't reproduce your error - i did reproduce the error pushkaraj9009 has - on the other thread.

 

perhaps clone the projects again from github - build clean / build all - and update me on what happens.

 

g

Retired
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

what version of the IDE are you running?  (10.2.x version?)  Please advise.

 

-g

Developer
Posts: 1,635
Registered: ‎07-14-2008
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.


garydev wrote:

what version of the IDE are you running?  (10.2.x version?)  Please advise.

 

-g


sdk 10.2.1 bulid #201308081807  It is not the gold version.

New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-24-2013
My Device: z10
My Carrier: company

Re: Can't build sample headlesservice app.

Trying to run headless example from sample apps.Tried to build simulator build but getting rror: Invalid asset path "../headlesservice/x86/headlesservice"